This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.
If you need a transcript, letter of recommendation, test scores or other materials sent to a scholarship organization, please email both Mrs. Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your counselor with your request. Be sure to include the name of the scholarship, the full mailing address and the deadline. Please plan ahead. We will be unable to accommodate any last minute requests.
1. Mechanics Savings Bank - Banking on the Future Scholarship - $1,000 to one PRHS student. Applicants must have a 2.8 or higher GPA, demonstrate service to school, community or family and have financial need. APPLICATION Mail completed application to Mrs. Carter, PRHS, 1457 Maine St., Poland, ME 04274. Deadline: April 24, 2020.
2. Mainely Character Scholarship - up to $5,000. Applicants must demonstrate character, integrity, responsibililty and concern for others. More info and application available at http://www.mainelycharacter.org. Deadline: March 1, 2020.
3. Maine Sports Legends Scholarship - six $750 scholarships available. Scholar athlete applicants should demonstrate scholarship, athletic ability, leadership, character and community service. Deadline: February 21, 2020.
4. Maine Sports Hall of Fame Scholarship - $5,000. Selections will be made based on outstanding athletic ability, academic aptitude and school leadership and community service. Complete the application online at http://www.mshof.com/scholarship. Deadline: April 17, 2020.
5. Maine Machine Products Scholarship - full tution to CMCC including books and lab fees. Open to students planning to study Precision Machining Technology at CMCC. Must work at MMP while attending school and after graduation from CM. Deadline: February 28, 2020.
6. Richard H. Pierce Memorial Scholarship - ten $5,000 scholarships available, renewable for 4 years. Open to students who demonstrate academic excellence, contributions to school, community or work and have demonstrated financial need. Application online at https://www.mesfoundation.org/scholarships.html. Deadline: April 1, 2020.
7. Bruce M. Whittier Scholarship - Applicants must write a cover letter explaining who they are and why they want this award. APPLICATION Deadline: May 2, 2020.
8. Mitchell Scholarship - one PRHS student will recieve a $10,000 scholarship! The strongest applicants will demonstrate finanical need, academic promise and community impact. Details and application available at http://www.mitchellinstitute.org/scholarship/. 2 part EXTENDED deadline - MAY 1 for some materials, JUNE 1 for other pieces.
9. Maine Drivers Education Scholarship - two $500 scholarships available. Applicants must have been instructed in driver education by an instructor who is a member of MEDEA. 300 word essay required - Have you noticed a difference in other people's driving habits now that driving with a handheld device is not legal? Deadline: January 31, 2020.
10. Town of Minot Scholarship - several scholarships available. See town website for details http://www.minotme.org/scholarships. Deadline: April 30, 2020.
11. Margaret Chase Smith Essay Contest - up to $1,000. Write an essay no longer than 2,000 words describing how you would propose to make Maine "the way life should be" for young people so that more of them will choose to live in a state with one of the oldest populations in the nation. APPLICATION Deadline: April 1, 2020.
12. Poland Scholarship Fund - several scholarships available with varying amounts. Application online at: https://www.polandtownoffice.org/sites/polandme/files/uploads/fillable_psf_scholarship_app_12.11.19_-_amended.pdf. Deadline EXTENDED: April 24, 2020.
13. Stephen Phillips Memorial Scholarship - multiple scholarships available, up to $15,000. Open to students pursuing a 4 year degree, must have at least a 3.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need. Info & application available at http://www.phillips-scholarship.org. Deadline: noon on May 1, 2020 (or April 3rd to get a decision by May 1).
14. Ken Grant Scholarship - two $500 scholarships availble. Write an essay that answers "How has fitness, healthy living and community activism helped shape your life, family or community?" See complete details in the scholarship notebook. Application is online at: https://forms.gle/3ApveGwvgqFz5DK98. Deadline: February 15, 2020.
15. Deputy Dennis P. Sampson Scholarship - $1,500. Open to PRHS seniors planning to enter a field in which you will help your community (first responder, police, fire, dispatch, game warden, EMS, crisis worker or mental health field). Must demonstrate Character, Community and Citizenship. APPLICATION Email completed application to Mrs. Robbins (email@example.com) or mail to Mrs. Carter, PRHS, 1457 Maine St., Poland, ME 04274. EXTENDED Deadline: May 4, 2020.
16. St. Vincent de Paul Scholarship - two $2,000 scholarships available. Open to seniors in Androscoggin County. 2 Essays: 1. Who has had a positive influence on you? 2. What is the best book you have read? APPLICATION Deadline: April 17, 2020.
17. NEACRAO George Coleman Scholarship - three $2,000 scholarships available. Awards will be based on strong academic achievement, record of perseverance and personal story. Apply online at: https://www.neacrao.org/scholarship-information. Deadline: March 1, 2020.
18. George V. Soule - Rufed Grouse Society Scholarship - $4,000. Open to students planning to pursue study in wildlife conservation, conservation law enforcement, forest management or related field. Apply online at: https://www.rgsmaine.org/index.php/scholarships/scholarship-page. Deadline EXTENDED: May 15, 2020.
19. Annette M. Brown Scholarship - open to students in Androscoggin County planning to pursue a 2 or 4 year degree and have an EFC of $5,000 or less. Apply online at: https://mcfscholarships.fluidreview.com/. Deadline: June 1, 2020.
20. Geiger/Montello Scholarship - Open to students who have attended Montello School in Lewiston. APPLICATION Deadline: May 1.
21. Bobby Brown Scholarship - $200. Opent o PRHS student-athletes who have participated in at least 1 sport and has dedicated tiem to helping his/her community through coaching or other community service. Deadline: May 15, 2020.
22. Tri-Town Knights Cheering Scholarship in Memory of Jessica Pelletier - $200. Open to PRHS students who have participated in cheerleading throughout high school and has dedicated time to helping the Tri-Town Cheering Program through coaching or other community service. APPLICATION Deadline: May 15, 2020.
23. AGC Maine Education Foundation Schoalrship - 8-12 scholarships ranging from $500 to $3,000 available. Open to students planning to study engineering and/or construciton management. Apply online at: https://agcmaine.org/scholarship/. Deadline: February 28, 2020.
24. Maine Society of Professional Engineers Scholarship - two $3,000 scholarships available. Open to students planning to major in engineering. Deadline: March 13, 2020.
25. MSEA-SEIU Scholarship - multiple scholaships available. Open to students with a direct relationship with a dues paying member of MSEA-SEIU. See application for all the details. APPLICATION Deadline: April 17, 2020.
26. GFWC Maine & Maine Council for Elder Abuse Prevent Scholarship Essay Contest - $1,000. Essay answering: What is elder abuse and why does it matter to you? APPLICATION Deadline EXTENDED: May 1, 2020.
27. Margaret Chase Smith Essay Contest - up to $1,000. Answer the essay question: How would you propose to make Maine "the way life should be" for young people so that more of them would choose to live in a state with one of the oldest populations in the nation? More info at: http://www.mcslibrary.org/awards/. Deadline: April 1, 2020.
28. Kids' Chance of Maine Scholarship - up to $5,000. Open to students who are dependents of a worker seriously injured or killed in a compsenable work-related accident or occupational disease with an employer over whom the Maine Workers' Compensation Board has jurisdition. More info at: http://www.kidschanceofmaine.org. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
30. Blue Collar Scholarship - mulitple scholarships available, amounts vary. Open to student pursuing a career in the trades. More info & application at: http://mainebluecollar.com/scholarship-application/. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
31. Androscoggin Retired Educators' Association Scholarship - $1,000. Open to students entering the teaching profession. Essay: Why I wish to be a teacher and need financial assistance. APPLICATION Deadline: March 27, 2020.
32. Alpha One Powering Education Scholarship - three $2,000 scholarships available. Open to students with a documented disability with at least a "B" average. Essay: How has your disability shaped your view of the world and you as a person. APPLICATION Deadline: April 1, 2020.
33. Woman's Literary Union of Androscoggin County Scholarship - $500. Open to seniors planning to pursue studies in the arts or literature. Essay: Why I wish to study in the field of arts or literature". APPLICATION Deadline: April 30, 2020.
34. Maine Dairy Princess Scholarship Pageant - up to $1,000. Competition is Sept. 10, 2020. For more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: June 5, 2020.
35. Poland Spring Good Science Scholarship - four $1,000 scholarships available to PRHS students. Open to seniors planning to study life science, physical science, earth science, engineering, or environmental science/policy or similar field. APPLICATION NEW EXTENDED Deadline: MAY 15, 2020.
36. Burr Chase Fund for the Arts & Bridgton Art Guild Scholarship - $1,000. Open to students who are committed to and demonstrate an ability in the fine arts. APPLICATION Deadline: May 1, 2020.
37. Community Credit Union Scholarship - $500. Must be a member of Community Credit Union (may be come one by opening a share account with minimum balance of $25). Scholarship will be awarded based on academics, high school involvement, community activities, recommendations, resume and essay. APPLICATION Deadline: April 1, 2020.
38. National Council of Jewish Women Scholarships - open to both male and female Jewish students from Maine. Scholarships awarded primarily based on financial need. An additional scholarship is available to Jewish female high school seniors planning to study a STEM-related field. APPLICATION Deadline: April 17, 2020.
39. Franco-American Education Foundation Memorial Scholarships - multiple scholarships available. Must be of Franco-American heritage, a resident of Lewiston, Auburn, Lisbon, Sabattus, Greene, Turner, Minot, Durham or Poland. APPLICATION Deadline: April 20, 2020.
40. Maine Association of Healthcare Administrative Professionals Scholarship - $500. Award will be given to a student who will be enrolled in administrative assistant or related healthcare roles of study in college. APPLICATION Deadline: May 1, 2020.
41. Poland Regional High School Knights Pride Booster Club Scholarship - two $500 scholarships available. Applicants should have exceeded the co-curricular requirement and demonstrate Character, Citizenship and Community. More info at: https://sites.google.com/site/prhsknightsnation/scholarships. EXTENDED Deadline: MAY 15, 2020.
42. Auburn-Lewiston Rotary Breakfast Club Service Above Self Scholarship - five $500 scholarships available. Applicants should demonstrate "service above self" in the form of community service. Mail completed APPLICATION to Mrs. Carter, PRHS, 1457 Maine St., Poland, ME 04274. NEW EXTENDED Deadline: MAY 15, 2020.
43. Maine Community Foundation Scholarship - online resource for multiple scholarships available to Maine residents. Check it out at https://www.mainecf.org/find-a-scholarship/available-scholarships/. Deadlines vary.
44. National Association of Women in Construction Scholarship - open to students pursing a career in construction. Application available at http://www.nawicmaine.org/scholarships. APPLICAITON Deadline: March 15, 2020.
45. Lewiston-Auburn Rotary Lunch Club Service Above Self Scholarship - one PRHS student will be selected. Applicants should demonstrate "service above self" in the form of community service. If selected, you will be required to make a 3-5 minute presentation at a Rotary Dinner addressing your service to others. Mail completed APPLICATION to Mrs. Carter, PRHS, 1457 Maine St., Poland, ME 04274. Deadline: April 15, 2020.
46. Lewiston Auburn Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce Scholarship - one PRHS student will receive $500. Open to seniors who are planning to attend college in Maine and who demonstrate solid academic achievement, good time/task management and record of positive community involvement. Priority to students planning to major in business, technology or healthcare related field. Email your resume to both your counselor and Mrs. Carter and specify that you want to be considered for this scholarship. Deadline: April 20, 2020.
47. Balance Man Scholarship - Univ. of Maine - two $1,000 schoalrships available. Sponored by the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity, this scholarship will be awarded to a male student who demonstrates academic excellence, leadership skills, and a commitment to their health and well-being. Must attend UMaine, but you are not requried to become part of this fraternity. More info and application: https://maine.sigep.org/bms/. Deadline: August 1, 2020.