TAKING AN EARLY COLLEGE COURSE
High school students can take up to 12 college credits (typically 4 classes) at any public Maine college for FREE! Students are only responsible for the cost of books. This is a great opportunity to take a class that we don't offer at PRHS, to see what college is really like and to get a jumpstart on earning college credits. Classes are offered both in-person and online. If you are interested, please be sure to talk with your counselor before registering!
University of Maine System or the Maine Community College System
- Search & Register for a college class within the University of Maine System (USM, UMaine, UMFK, etc)
- Search & Register for classes within the Maine Community College System (CMCC, SMCC, etc)
- Click on "High School Student" and create an account (if you don't already have one). Need help? Check out these tutorials - created by UMaine Augusta, but the directions on creating your ExplorEC account apply to all campuses.
- Credits With a Purpose Flyer
- You can take up to 6 credits per semester (typically 2 classes)- even if you are taking classes within the UMaine or MCC System.
- Click here to search and register for a course
- Bates Early College Program offers free college classes to local high school seniors. This is a competitive program that requires an application which includes a short written response about why you want to take classes at Bates. TWO recommendation letters are requried: one from a teacher and one from your counselor. Deadline: May 15, 2022.
Check in with your counselor if you are interested in looking at early college opportunites at other colleges/universities.
- Meet the Staff
- Information for Colleges & Profile
- Schedules/Course Offerings/Summer Work
- College & Military Reps Visiting Us
- Financial Aid
- Taking A College Class
- Lewiston Regional Technical Center (LRTC)
- Info for Incoming 9th Graders
- Mental Health Resources
- Worker's Permit Information
- Job Postings
- Transcript Request
- Job & Career Information
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.