Ellen Dore, Food Service Director
207-998-5400, ext. 107
As the Food Service Director here at RSU 16, Ellen is responsible for planning student lunch menus. She also ensures kitchen accessories are properly maintained, oversees scheduling, manages supplies, handles payroll duties, stays on top of safety and sanitation issues and leads/trains food service staff. In addition to possessing a knowledge of childhood nutrition, Ellen also has business savvy and a lot of dedication, which keeps the kitchens productive and efficient; helping our students and improving business at the district.
As the Food Service Director at RSU 16, she feels her job is not only to provide healthy meal choices to the students and staff, but to make the Cafes at all the schools a wecoming and fun place for the sudents to enjoy their mealtimes.
"Laughter is brightest in the place where food is."
Effective December 19, 2018 RSU16 will no longer be accepting payments via AdroGov for food service. Payments can now be made through My School Bucks at the linked image below.
Effective November 2013, RSU16 school board adopted a School Nutrition Unpaid Charges Policy. Students in K-12 cannot charge unless it is an emergency and the emergency charge amount cannot exceed $15.00. A la carte items may not be charged. Payment is to be rendered in advance of meal sales. Applications for free and reduced meals are available online.
Meals and Charging Information
There are two available payment methods:
ACH/Checking Account - You will need to provide your account number and the bank's routing number to pay by this method. A helpful check image is available during the payment process to assist in locating this information. There will be a $1.00 processing fee assessed.
Credit/Debit Cards - We currently accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. There will be a 2.75% processing fee assessed per transaction with a minimum charge of $1.95 for credit and debit cards.
The Collection Process
To make sure that budget guidelines are met and keep our Food Service Department costs on target, it is necessary to have a collection process in place if needed. The Regional School Unit 16 School Committee and administration wish to work with parents/guardians of its students to assist in any way possible to bring student school meals accounts current, but to do so you must contact us.
Parents/Guardians will receive:
- Periodic letters and emails from Food Services to parent/guardian for all accounts with low a negative balance of $1.00 or more.
If owed balances continue:
- Letter to parent/guardian from Director of Food Services for all accounts with negative balances, then…
- Phone call to parent/guardian from administration for all accounts with no payment or contact after communication.
If no activity after ten (10) days:
- Referral of account to a collections agency
- Initiating a claim in court.
If a senior’s account is not in good standing as of May 1st, the administration may:
- Prohibit the senior from participating in senior activities and/or graduation exercises.
- My School Bucks (opens in new window)
- Summer Feeding Enrolled Site Announcement (opens in new window)
- Summer Feeding Open Site Announcement (opens in new window)
- Elementary Menus (opens in new window)
- Middle School Menus (opens in new window)
- High School Menus (opens in new window)
- Free & Reduced Meals - Information Letter (opens in new window)
- Free & Reduced Meals - Application (opens in new window)
- Central Maine CU Makes Critical Donation - Press Release (opens in new window)
- MCS - On the Go Breakfast Cart (opens in new window)
- Student Wellness Policy - JL
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.