The American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ARP ESSER) Fund, authorized under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of 2021, provides over $411 million to Maine to support schools in safely reopening and sustaining safe operations while meeting the academic, social, emotional, and mental health needs of students resulting from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
The following plan includes information regarding RSU 16’s allocation of $3,150,761.12 in federal stimulus funds through the American Rescue Plan. Of the ARP-ESSER total allocation of $3,150,761.12, 20 percent of the total funding or $630,152 must be earmarked to address student learning losses during the COVID-19 pandemic. The remaining portion of the allocation can be used to support our district, particularly in areas most impacted by the pandemic.
The funds allow for us to:
- Safely return students to in-person instruction
- Maximize in-person instruction time
- Operate schools and meet the needs of students
- Purchase educational technology
- Address the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on students, including the impacts of interrupted instruction and learning loss and the impacts on low-income students, children with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students experiencing homelessness
- Implement evidence-based strategies to meet students’ social, emotional, mental health, and academic needs
If you have any questions about the ARP-ESSER 3 funding plan, please contact Superintendent Ken Healey at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 998-2727.
Maintenance of Equity (MOEquity)
MOEquity is a set of new fiscal and staffing equity requirements in ARP ESSER.
- American Rescue Plan (ARP/ESSER 3)
- K6 ReeL Information
- Current Return to In-Person Instruction Plan (Updated March 2022)
- Return to In-Person Instruction Plan (August 2021-March 2022)
- Learning Plans for Students in Quarantine
- Maine Department of Education Standing Operating Procedure (SOP)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.