All Meetings Held At ESS Conference Room
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 870 3802 7522
Operations (Meets at 5pm)
Personnel and Finance (Meets at 6pm)
Educational Policy (Meets at 6:15pm)
2022-23 Meeting Dates
August 22, 2022
September 26, 2022
October 24, 2022
November 21, 2022
November 28, 2022
December: No Meeting
January 30, 2023
February 27, 2023
March 27th, 2023
April 24th, 2023
May 22nd, 2023
June 26th, 2023
Meets at 5:00pm
The Facilities and Transportation subcommittee is responsible for capital improvement planning, short and long range building projects, safety, bids and contracts associated with facilities and transportation.
- Jessica Smith, Chair (Mechanic Falls)
- Patrick Irish (Mechanic Falls)
- Steve Holbrook (Minot)
- Melanie Harvey (Poland)
- Angela Swenson (Minot)
Meets at 5:35pm
The Personnel & Finance Committee is responsible for monthly budget review, negotiations, stipends, human resources (i.e. insurance, hiring, and salaries).
- Christine Downs, Chair (Poland)
- Amber Lyman (Mechanic Falls)
- Mary Martin (Mechanic Falls)
- Mike Downing (Minot)
- Sarah Robinson (Minot)
Meets at 6:15pm
The Educational Policy Committee is responsible for curriculum, public relations (oversight of Strategic Plan) and educational policy.
- Ed Rabasco, Chair (Poland)
- Emily Rinchich (Poland)
- Joe Parent (Poland)
- Elizabeth Martin (Minot)
- Andrea Winn (Mechanic Falls)
• All sub-committees shall be comprised of less than a majority of the Board.
• At the first committee meeting of the school year, each committee will select a chair, review the responsibilities of the committee, and identify related goals and objectives in the Strategic Plan.
• Committees will make recommendations to the RSU 16 School Board, but may not act for the Board. A weighted vote will be used vote on these recommendations. Votes at the committee level will not be weighted because the actions are recommendations to the RSU 16 Board.
• The Board Chair and Superintendent shall be ex-officio (non-voting) members of all committees.
• Each RSU 16 School Board member will be assigned to a committee by the Board Chair.
• Separate committees, such as Negotiations and Budget, will report back to the appropriate sub-committee.
• Committee Chair: The Committee Chair will collaborate with the Superintendent to create the agenda, facilitate the committee meeting, review written minutes, and report to the RSU 16 School Board at the monthly meeting.
• Committee Members: Committee members should be present and participate in meetings, provide agenda suggestions, and vote on recommendations.
• RSU 16 School Committee Members: All members of the Board are encouraged to attend any committee meeting, to participate in the discussion, and suggest action or agenda items. Non-committee members will not vote on recommendations at committee meetings.
• The Superintendent: The Superintendent will work collaboratively with the Committee Chair to establish agendas. The Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent will participate in all committee meetings and be non-voting members of each committee.
• Other: RSU 16 employees, such as curriculum coordinator, facility and transportation personnel, and administrators, may attend committee meeting regularly to provide information and participate in discussions.
Committee Agendas /Minutes
• Each agenda item will be assigned to a specific person who will present the item and provide informational materials. The person addressing an agenda item may be a committee member or a person invited to address a specific topic.
• The Superintendent will take notes and provide written minutes to the Chair of each committee
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.