Futures Task Force Meeting Summary
Meeting Date: August 15
- Jenny Rose presented on Adult Education Programming
- Jessica Madsen, Kaitlynn Brown, Brandi Comeau, and Jo St Peter presented on key characteristics of thriving elementary schools. Topics included: Strong Teaching, Strong Leadership, Strong Support, and Strong Communities
- Emily Rinchich, Steve Robinson and Randy Lautz shared their task of turning the pros and cons for all 4 scenarios into evidence based statements.
- Reviewed: Issues in RSU 16 and Cost Drivers to “Fund” “Fix” and “Staff” our schools
- Utilized “Fist to Five” consensus protocol. Building consensus with a group results in a decision that everyone can live with. Consensus doesn’t mean everyone is enthusiastic or it was your first choice, but it does mean that everyone clearly understands the situation or the problem to be decided, has analyzed all the facts together, and then has jointly developed solutions that represent the whole group’s best thinking about the optimal decision.
- The Task Force reached consensus (using “Fist to Five”) that Scenario 4 will be eliminated. It will be referenced in the final report, including the statements and cost drivers; however it will not be one of the scenarios brought to the School Board.
Scenario 1: Keep 3 hometown elementary schools - fund them, staff them and fix them
Scenario 2: Reduce the number of PreK-6 elementary schools to 2: Combine ESS and MCS, keep PCS as is (fund them, staff them and fix them)
Scenario 3: Reduce the number of PreK-6 elementary schools (fund them, staff them and fix them) to 2 AND reconfigure (example: PreK-2 school and 3-5/6 school)
Scenario 4: Keep 3 elementary schools - (fund them, staff them and fix them) AND reconfigure (example: PreK-1 school, 2-4 school and 3-5/6 school)
- All information is on our website:https://www.rsu16.org/about/futures-task-force
Next meeting is August 29
Members of the Task Force will hold a workshop with the School Board on August 28 to update the School Board on the information it has collected.
Task Force membership: Todd Sanders, Amy Hediger, Erik Anderson, Shawn Vincent, Jessica Madsen, Kaitlynn Brown, Brandi Comeau, Jenny Rose, Jo St Peter, John Hawley, Jacque Russo, Jennifer Gagnon, D'Arcy Robinson, Steve Robinson, Brittany Hemond, Robert Klar, Terri Arsenault, Tarsha Downing, Randy Lautz, Angela Swenson, Elizabeth Martin, Emily Rinchich, Mary Martin.
- Steering Committee Subsection
- AEI Assessment
- Final Report
- Now, Next, Later
- Scenario Statements
- Adult Education Programming
- Building Thriving Elementary Schools
- Friends of RSU 16 (Sept 14 Slides)
- July 6, 2023 Meeting with Operations Committee
- Educational Opportunities RSU 16 Does Not Offer
- August 29, 2023
- August 28 Workshop with School Board
- August 15, 2023
- August 14, 2023 Presentation to School Board
- Functional Capacity Presentation
- July 31, 2023
- July 25, 2023
- July 18, 2023
- July 12, 2023
- July 5, 2023
- June 20, 2023
- June 6, 2023
- May 31, 2023
- Grade Level Configuration Research
- Field Trip to ESS, Adult Education, MCS, PCS, PRHS, WMS
- May 23, 2023
- 3 Phase Power - FTF
- Maine Middle Schools
- School Revolving Renovation Fund
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.